- FM Properties opens for business in 1978 with Carl Tiedemann as a founding partner. The company is a commercial and industrial property and asset management firm.
- In 1980 the company begins to offer brokerage and leasing services for commercial and industrial buildings.
- FM Construction begins operations in 1982.
- Elkhart's first business incubator, Lexington Business Centre, is developed in 1990.
- Eastpoint Business Centre, the city's second business incubator, is opened in 2000.
- The company takes the name FM Stone Commercial in 2001.
- Tiedemann Wines, an Indiana wine distribution company, is formed in April 2010.
- In late 2012 The Tiedemann Group offices move into the Lexington Business Centre at 530 E. Lexington Avenue in Elkhart.
The home of FM Stone:
530 E. Lexington Avenue, Elkhart