Jobs at FM Construction Company
Hiring now: Assistant Construction Superintendent
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Assistant Construction Superintendent with a well-established commercial construction firm in Elkhart, IN. Experience building in any of the following areas is needed: hospitality, industrial, mixed use, retail, education and warehouse. A proven track record and past management experience is important in this role.
Job Summary: It is the Assistant Construction Superintendent’s responsibility to work with our general superintendent and project managers. He or she must be able to supervise the field construction of a project and to complete the work on schedule, within the budget and to the quality of workmanship specified. In the performance of this function, it is the Assistant Construction Superintendent’s responsibility to protect and promote FM Construction Company’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to discharge his duties and responsibilities.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective and harmonious working relationships of the on-site staff and to promote a positive project morale.
- To have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the general contract, each subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist in the development of the on-site procedures.
- To examine the contract drawings, specifications and addenda for design deficiencies, impractical details and possible code violations, and to bring these to the attention of the team.
- To assist in the development and refinement of the project schedule, and to work to keep the schedules properly updated, and to see that the job meets the various required dates.
- To plan and review quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower.
- To coordinate, direct, monitor, and with others, inspect the activities of the subcontractors, suppliers and FM Construction’s labor and material.
- To verify that each subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed subcontract, a schedule of values and a safety program.
- To see that all required permits or licenses have been obtained, and that a weatherproof bulletin board is installed on which all required safety notices are posted.
- To cooperate with, and direct when necessary, the activities of the inspection agencies, and to effect remedial actions indicated by the reports of these agencies.
- To chair weekly coordination meetings and meetings with the subcontractors.
- To receive and review the subcontractors daily reports of work done and labor and material employed.
- To review and approve, on a weekly basis, all as-built prints.
- To review and approve the subcontractor’s monthly requests for payment.
- To participate, as required, in the timely preparation of monthly requisitions to the owner and to see that they are promptly reviewed and approved.
- To review and approve all time and material work vouchers and invoices.
- To maintain good relations and communications with all involved in the project including the public.
- Review all slips to ensure shipments are complete.
Skills Required: Employees must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use technology (computer/smartphone, etc). All employees are required to have an up-to-date CPR certificate and OSHA training.
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply in person at FM Construction Company, 530 E. Lexington Avenue, Suite 175, Elkhart, IN 46516.