Jobs at FM Construction Company
Hiring now: project manager & estimator
As a Project Manager & Estimator at FM Construction Company in Elkhart, Indiana, your job is to manage every facet of assigned projects, including the safety, organization, planning, scheduling, subcontractor scheduling, and day-to-day issues, in a manner that results in completion of a project on time, on budget, and at a quality that meets or exceeds our customer's expectations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, lead and direct the day-to-day management and construction activities of assigned projects
- Resolve day-to-day issues that may arise to ensure a timely, safe and profitable project
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment
- Responsible for the overall safety, direction, completion, and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout
- Guarantee customer satisfaction by identifying and exceeding client needs
- Forecast and analyze constructions costs, exposures, and profits until project is completed
- Correspond, update and maintain a good business relationship with owner, architect and team members
- Make commitments to the client, architect, and subcontractors as appropriate to the successful completion of the project in conformity with company policy and management direction
- Manage subcontracting issues
- Ensure all subcontracts and purchase orders are drafted in a timely fashion
- Negotiate and price all owner and subcontractor change orders then execute in a timely fashion
- Direct involvement in preparation of a project schedule and continually review to make sure the project schedule is adhered to or modified as necessary
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating professional knowledge
- Interface with other company departments as necessary, which may include scheduling, budgeting changes, material and equipment expenditures, estimating, payroll, personnel matters, construction, masonry, steel groups and all subsidiaries
- Regular and reliable attendance at work
- Other duties as assigned by Management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
- Capable of successfully solving technical problems requiring excellent judgment
- Basic working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Must be able to read blue prints, have an understanding of project cost analysis and effectively use technology (computer/smartphone, etc).
- Advanced knowledge of all general construction methods including but not limited to concrete, ironwork, masonry, steel, etc.
- All employees are required to have an up-to-date CPR certificate and OSHA training (will be provided by FM Construction)
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Science, or other related field. In lieu of a degree, 5+ years of relevant Project Management/Construction Management experience will be considered. This job is perfect for an existing foreman or superintendent who wants to start a new career “in the office.”
Please send resume to email@example.com or apply in person at FM Construction Company, 530 E. Lexington Avenue, Suite 175, Elkhart, IN 46516.