A. Carl Tiedemann, SIOR, CPM, CRE
President & CEO
Carl Tiedemann, SIOR, CPM, CRE, is the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Tiedemann Group and its subsidiary, FM Stone Commercial. The Tiedemann Group is an organization of interrelated companies providing an array of real estate and construction services throughout the Midwest. In addition to FM Stone Commercial, the Tiedemann Group of companies includes FM Construction, J. Wilsey Appraisal Co., Eastpoint Business Centre, Lexington Business Centre, Tiedemann Realty Services, and Tiedemann Wines.
Carl got his start in commercial real estate in 1978 as a founding partner in FM Property Management, Inc. The company took the name FM Stone Commercial in 2001. Carl has spent his entire career in the ownership, development and management of commercial and industrial real estate. His areas of expertise include property acquisition, construction, development and facility asset management of commercial and industrial real estate. Additional capabilities include property analysis, small business incubator development and management.
In 1990 Carl developed Elkhart's first business incubator, the Lexington Business Centre, which is a public/private partnership with the City of Elkhart and the State of Indiana. In its early stages of development, the Lexington Business Centre was hailed as a worldwide model for business incubators, providing leadership in economic development in the form of a for-profit model. In 2000 he developed the Eastpoint Business Centre, a second small business incubator in Elkhart. As a result of his success with these incubators, Carl has served as a consultant to the United Nation Development Program and assisted in the development of incubators in Indonesia and Egypt. He is founder, incorporator and three-term president of the Indiana Business Incubator Association and served on the Indiana Small Business Development Center's Incubator Grant and Funding Committee.
Carl has received the Certified Property Manager (CPM) Designation awarded by the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), the SIOR designation awarded by the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors and the CRE designation awarded by the Counselors of Real Estate. He is the past President of the Indiana SIOR Chapter and has served on SIOR national committees including Admissions, Budget and Financial & Global Affairs. As a Charter Member of the Northern Indiana Chapter of the Institute of Real Estate Management, Carl has served in various chapter offices, including its presidency. Carl is also a member of the Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors and National Association of Realtors.
Today, in addition to managing the both small business incubators, Carl also oversees a real estate investment portfolio of some 2.5 million square feet of mixed-use space valued at over $50 million. Over the years he has been involved in the conversion of approximately 1 million square feet of former manufacturing area to multi-tenant commercial and industrial rental space for small- and medium-sized businesses.
- Investment Real Estate
- Real Estate Development & Rehabilitation
- Facilities & Asset Management
- Small Business Incubator Development, Operations & Management
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtor (SIOR), Member
- Certified Property Manager (CPM), Member
- Counselors of Real Estate (CRE), Member
- National Association of Realtors (NAR), Member
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Past Indiana Chapter President
- Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Member
- Indiana Commercial Board of Realtors (ICBR), Member
- Licensed Real Estate Broker, State of Indiana
- National Business Incubation Association, Member
- Indiana Business Incubator Association, Founder and Past President (three terms)
- Elkhart Urban Enterprise Association, Former Vice President and Board Member
- Samaritan Center of Elkhart, Former Board Member
- Elkhart Centre, Inc., Revitalization Organization, Former Board President (two terms)
- City of Elkhart Steering Committee, Former Long Range Planning Committee Chair
- Michiana Building Owners and Managers Association, Former Board Member
- Michiana Investment Network Board Directors, Former Member
- AURORA Capital Development Corp., City of Elkhart micro-loan program, Former Director
- Elkhart County's Horizon Project, Former Small Business Development & Entrepreneurship Committee Chair